Sending the Application ID | Receiving
the Application ID
- The Illustrate!
plugin is protected via the hardware lock that was supplied with your copy
of 3DS MAX. When you authorize the plugin you will effectively be tying the
plugin to your hardware lock. Be sure that you install the plugin on the machine
with the hardware lock that you routinely work on. Once the plugin is authorized
for a particular hardware lock you can't change it.
Sending the Application ID
To authorize the plugin complete the following:
- Run 3DS MAX.
- Click on the Illustrate! menu item.
- You will be presented with a notification that you need to authorize the
plugin to render. Click on OK.
- If this is a new scene the Rendering Wizard will then start. Click on Cancel.
- In the Illustrate! window click on the Authorization button(key
Click on Copy next
to the Application ID to copy it to the clipboard.
Whenever quoting the Application ID be sure to
include the hyphens(-).
- Send this Application ID to Digimation using
one of the following means.
If you choose to send your registration via email
be sure to include all the information on the Authorization Form included
with your software. Failure to do so will slow and/or prevent processing.
Whichever means you use to register ensure you include your email address.
Keep your Authorization Code in a safe place. If you forgot it you can always
retreive it by click on Authorize. It will display the Authorization Code for
the current hardware lock if it has previously been authorized.
Receiving the Authorization Code
Once you've sent the Application ID, Digimation
will send you back the Authorization code.
- Click on the Authorization button(key icon)
- Copy your Authorization Code into the Authorization field. If you received
the code via email you can copy it from your email program and select Paste
to paste in the code
- Click on the Authorize button to complete the authorization.
If the Authorization Code was correct the plugin will now be authorized and
you will have access to all the features for an unlimited time.