Online Sites, Further
Writing of Complete Maya Programing (Volume II) is now finished. Final
print coming soon!
- Complete Maya Programming (Volume I) has been translated into
Chinese, Russian, and
- Complete Maya Programming (Volume I) is now in its
interview with David Gould.
- Maya Association's review
Maya Programming (Volume I)
An Extensive Guide to MEL and the C++ API
- Demonstrates how to use MEL to control Maya,
customize its interface, automate procedures, and more
- Details how to use the C++ API to modify Maya
functionality and develop tools and features to meet any need
- Provides a multitude of real-world examples
illustrating applications of Maya programming
- Explains when to use MEL, when to use the C++
API, and how to use them together
- Ideal for technical directors, developers, or
anyone wishing to to master Maya
Maya Programming (Volume II)
An In-depth Guide to 3D Fundamentals, Geometry, and
- Written with a focus on problem-solving so
each area is covered in detail with solutions provided in both
MEL and C++ API.
- Detailed coverage and application of computer
graphics concepts: points, vectors, rotations, matrices, transformations,
- Covers all of Maya's geometry types, including
polygonal meshes, NURBS curves, NURBS surfaces, and hierarchical
- Extensive coverage of the creation, display,
editing, construction history, and modeling of each Maya's geometry
- The creation of custom modeling tools is presented
with complete applications.